Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

On colorful shoes

So I had this pair of hand-me-down shoes.
They're really cute right?
I loved them, but they didn't match anything that I own. And what's the point of having shoes if you can't wear them?
So I decided to recycle them :)

1. I pulled off the ribbon.
 Now they look like this:

2. I got a bunch of colorful fabric scraps.

3. I cut the scraps to fit and glued them to the shoes.

4. I made two braids of some strips of matching fabric.

4. I glued the braids down across the shoes, like the ribbon was originally.

And...  Ta-da!!!

An awesome pair of very cool shoes. I love the scrappy look!

Super colorful and will probably match everything I own :)

I'll probably fray check the edges and spray them with some fabric protector later....

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE these. And I would wear them myself. :O] Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmyword! Those are SO cute! I wouldn't have even been able to come up with this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great!
    Never would have thought of doing that!
    I'm going to have to try that some time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shoes look fantastic!! You're so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete